ABP Framework Road Map
This document provides a road map, release schedule and planned features for the ABP Framework.
In 5.1 milestone, we will be mostly working on the following topics:
- Maturing and documenting the eShopOnAbp project.
- Working on the LeptonX theme and making it as the default theme for the ABP Framework UI options.
- Flexing the UI-backend dependency for the Angular UI, so we can easily create UI-only modules (like UI themes) with its own localization and settings.
- Working on more examples and guides.
The planned release data for v5.1 is February, 2022. See the 5.1 milestone on GitHub for all the issues we are working on.
The Next Versions section above shows the main focus of the planned versions. However, in each release we add new features to the core framework and the application modules.
Here, a list of major items in the backlog we are considering to work on in the next versions.
- #497 / API Versioning system: finalize & document
- #7221 / Alternative to IdentityServer4
- #2183 / Dapr integration
- #236 / Resource based authorization system
- #2882 / Providing a gRPC integration infrastructure (while it is already possible to create or consume gRPC endpoints for your application, we plan to create endpoints for the standard application modules)
- #1754 / Multi-lingual entities
- #57 / Built-in CQRS infrastructure
- #336 / Health Check abstractions
- #2532, #2564 / CosmosDB integration with EF Core and MongoDB API
- #4223 / WebHook system
- #162 / Azure ElasticDB Integration for multitenancy
- #2296 / Feature toggling infrastructure
- #6655 / Use Typescript for the MVC UI
You can always check the milestone planning and the prioritized backlog issues on the GitHub repository for a detailed road map. The backlog items are subject to change. We are adding new items and changing priorities based on the community feedbacks and goals of the project.
Vote for your favorite feature on the related GitHub issues (and write your thoughts). You can create an issue on the GitHub repository for your feature requests, but first search in the existing issues.