ABP Framework Road Map
This document provides a road map, release schedule and planned features for the ABP Framework.
This version will focus on the following works:
- Upgrading to .NET 6.0 (#9004)
- Upgrading to Bootstrap 5.x (#8922)
- Revisit the microservice demo solution (#8385)
- Publishing distributed events as transactional (#6126)
- Performance optimizations; Enabling .NET Trimming, using source generators and reducing reflection, etc.
- Improving the abp.io platform and work more on contents and documents
Planned release date: End of Quarter 4, 2021. See the 5.0 milestone to track the progress.
The Next Versions section above shows the main focus of the planned versions. However, in each release we add new features to the core framework and the application modules.
Here, a list of major items in the backlog we are considering to work on in the next versions.
- (#497) API Versioning system: finalize & document
- (#7221) Alternative to IdentityServer4
- (#2183) Dapr integration
- (#236) Resource based authorization system
- #2882 / Providing a gRPC integration infrastructure (while it is already possible to create or consume gRPC endpoints for your application, we plan to create endpoints for the standard application modules)
- #1754 / Multi-lingual entities
- #57 / Built-in CQRS infrastructure
- #336 / Health Check abstractions
- #2532, #2564 / CosmosDB integration with EF Core and MongoDB API
- #4223 / WebHook system
- #162 / Azure ElasticDB Integration for multitenancy
- #2296 / Feature toggling infrastructure
You can always check the milestone planning and the prioritized backlog issues on the GitHub repository for a detailed road map. The backlog items are subject to change. We are adding new items and changing priorities based on the community feedbacks and goals of the project.
Vote for your favorite feature on the related GitHub issues (and write your thoughts). You can create an issue on the GitHub repository for your feature requests, but first search in the existing issues.