This document contains brief release notes for each release. Release notes only include major features and visible enhancements. They don't include all the development done in the related version. To see raw and detailed change logs for every release, please check the full change logs document.
Release notes in this document don't cover the features made in the open-source ABP Framework. For the ABP Framework features, check the blog post for the related version.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v7.2 release.
- LeptonX Theme - Navigation Menu Item Grouping.
- Support for the Authority Delegation in the Account Module.
- Forcing Password Change at Next Logon.
- Periodic Password Changes / Password Aging.
- Suite: Show/Hide Properties on Create/Update/List Pages
- CMS Kit Comments: Disallowing External URLs.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v7.1 release.
- Blazor WebAssembly option for the single-layer startup template.
- ABP Suite code generation for MAUI Blazor Hybrid solutions.
- Allow to impersonate an arbitrary user in the SaaS module.
- Many enhancements and fixes for the 7.1 version.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v7.0 release.
- Upgraded to .NET 7.0.
- Upgraded to OpenIddict 4.0.
- New MAUI Blazor Hybrid UI.
- Implemented external localization, dynamic feature and dynamic permission systems to allow more advanced microservice scenarios. All they are applied to the microservice startup template.
- WeChat and Alipay integrations for the Payment module.
- Allow host users to change the password of a user of a tenant.
- Allow host users to test connection string of a tenant database on the UI.
- Introduce permission for searching other users in the chat module.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v6.0 release.
- New OpenIddict integration module (replacing the IdentityServer integration module).
- The LeptonX theme is the default theme now, allowing to use the old Lepton theme too.
- New .NET MAUI mobile application.
- Blazor UI for the chat module.
- Blazor admin UI for the CMS Kit module.
- Allow to add poll widgets in blog/page contents in the CMS Kit module.
- Cookie consent feature for the GDPR module.
- Optional PWA support.
- Exporting to excel for ABP Suite code generation.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v5.3 release.
- New module: GDPR (currently, allows to download/delete user's personal data).
- Polling feature for the CMS Kit module.
- OAuth as external login provider for the Identity module.
- ABP Suite: Support for the no-layers startup template, concurrency stamp support on code generation, downloading Suite logs, using ABP CLI to trigger code generation.
- Docker-compose configuration for the no-layers startup template.
- PWA support for Blazor WASM and Angular UI.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v5.2 release.
- Code generation with many to many relation support for the ABP Suite.
- The new single-layer, simpler startup solution template.
- Migrated to Blazorise 1.0 for the Blazor UI.
- Improvements on the microservice startup solution, pre-built application modules and other existing features.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v5.1 release.
- Upgraded to Angular 13.
- Changed the application startup solution to use the new ASP.NET Core minimal hosting model.
- New URL Forwarding feature for the CKS Kit Pro module.
- Improvements and fixes for the features shipped with the 5.0 release.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v5.0.
- Upgraded to .NET 6.0.
- Upgraded to Bootstrap 5.1.
- User impersonation (passwordless login with another user's account).
- Tenant impersonation (passwordless login as a tenant).
- Added Helm charts to the microservice startup template to deploy to Kubernetes.
- Added host and tenant dashboards to the microservice startup template.
- Generate entities and CRUD pages from database tables with ABP Suite.
- Pre-configured social logins for the microservice startup template.
- Removed NGXS and states from the Angular UI.
- Many improvements on existing modules and ABP Suite.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v4.4.
- Subscription system & payment integration for the SaaS module.
- SaaS module: Allow to make a tenant active/passive and limit user count.
- ABP Suite code generation for the microservice solution.
- Allow to set multiple connection strings for each tenant, to separate a tenant's database per module/microservice.
- Angular UI: Two-factor authentication for resource owner password flow.
- New localizations: Hindi, Italian, Arabic, Finnish, French.
- A lot of small improvements and fixes for the current modules, themes and the tooling.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v4.3.
- New module: CMS Kit (pro)
- New module: Forms
- Blazor Server Side support
- Extensibility system for the Blazor UI
- A lot of improvements done to ripen the Microservice Startup Template, including "new service" template, automatic database migrations, solution structure improvements, Tye, Prometheus, Grafana integrations, and more
- Allow to use a separate database schema for tenants to not include host-related empty tables in tenant databases
- Creating & migrating tenant databases on the fly.
- Enabling/disabling modules per edition/tenant
- Email settings page
- Required navigation properties on Suite code generation
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v4.2.
- Microservice startup template (initial) to create microservice solutions.
- Public website application in the application startup template.
- Blazor UI for the Easy CRM sample application.
- Added login / authorization to the Swagger UI to test authorized APIs.
- DBMS selection on new application creation.
- Infrastructure for Angular Unit Testing.
- Iyzico integration for the Payment module.
- Performance optimization and other enhancements.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v4.1.
- Organization Unit Management for the Blazor UI.
- Identity Server Management for the Blazor UI.
- ABP Suite: Navigation Property Selection with Typeahead (supported by all UI types).
- Spanish language translation.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v4.0.
- Upgraded to .NET 5.0.
- The Blazor UI option is now stable and officially supported.
- Completed the Blazor UI for the file management module.
- Upgraded to the Identity Server 4.1.1 and revised the management UI.
- ABP Suite: Blazor UI code generation.
- ABP Suite: Navigation property selection supports dropdowns with auto-complete & lazy load.
- ABP Suite: Generate new modules inside an application solution.
- ABP Suite: Made the backend code generation optional to allow re-generate the UI with a different UI framework.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v3.3.
- Completed fundamental features, modules and the theme integration for the Blazor UI.
- Multi-Tenant social/external logins with options configurable on runtime.
- Linked Accounts system to link multiple accounts and switch between them easily.
- Paypal & Stripe integrations for the Payment Module.
- reCAPTCHA option for login & register forms.
- ABP Suite improvements.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v3.2.
Major Features / Changes
- Released the preview (experimental) Blazor UI option.
- Angular UI for the file management module.
- Managing the application features for the host side.
- User profile picture for the account module.
- Options to enable, disable or force two factor authentication for tenants and users.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v3.1 release.
Major Features / Changes
- Completely re-written the ABP Suite Angular UI code generation, using the Angular Schematics system.
- Implemented Authorization Code Authentication Flow for the Angular UI.
- Revised and documented social/external logins for the account module and tested with major providers.
- Introduced the new external login system supporting to login via LDAP / Active Directory. Also, added a setting page to configure the LDAP options.
- Created a new security log system and the user interface to save and report all the authentication related operations (login, logout, change password...) for users.
- Implemented email & phone number verification.
- Implementing locking a user for a given period of time (locked users can not login to the application).
- Added breadcrumb and file icons for the file management module.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v3.0 release.
- New File Management Module that is used to store and manage files in your application.
- Migrated the Angular UI to the Angular 10.
- Published an API documentation web site to explore the classes of the ABP Commercial.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v2.9 release.
Major Features / Enhancements
- New Organization Unit Management UI for the Identity Module to create hierarchical organization units and manage their members and roles.
- Created Angular UI for the Chat Module.
- Implemented Angular UI for the Easy CRM application.
- ABP Suite code generation support for module development.
- New leptontheme.com web site to show the Lepton Theme components.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v2.8 release: https://blog.abp.io/abp/ABP-v2.8.0-Releases-%26-Road-Map
This post also covers the road map and other news for the ABP.IO Platform.
Major Features / Enhancements
- Completely renewed the Lepton Theme styles and add a new one.
- New module: Created a real time Chat Module that is built on ASP.NET Core SignalR. It currently has only the MVC / Razor Pages UI. Angular UI is on the way.
- Implemented module entity extension system for the Angular UI. Also improved the system to better handle float/double/decimal, date, datetime, enum and boolean properties.
- Gravatar integration for the Angular UI.
- Managing product groups on a tree view for the EasyCRM sample application.
See the detailed blog post / announcement for the v2.7 release: https://blog.abp.io/abp/ABP-Framework-v2_7_0-Has-Been-Released
- New module: Text template management (with angular and mvc UI - document is coming).
- Dynamically add properties to current entities of the depended modules (see module entity extensions)
- To be able to add navigation properties to entities with the ABP Suite (see navigation properties)
- Dynamically add data table columns on the user interface (see the documents: angular, mvc)
- Created a rich sample solution, named "Easy CRM" (see the document)
- Allow to dynamically override the logo.
- Optimize database migrations & seed code for multi-tenant multi-database systems.
- ABP Suite: Make menu item active on navigation menu when selected.
- ABP Suite: Improve enum usage while creating new entities.
- Bug fixes in the Lepton Theme, ABP Suite and other modules.