ABP Framework vs ABP Commercial
ABP.IO Platform consists of the open source ABP Framework and the ABP Commercial.
Here are the differences between the open source ABP Framework project and the ABP Commercial in overall:
|Open Source ABP Framework Project||ABP Commercial|
|Free (basic) application modules|
|Free (basic) UI theme|
|ABP CLI (Command Line Interface)|
|Pro application modules|
|Pro UI themes|
ABP Framework is completely open source and developed in a community-driven manner. While it is mainly developed and maintained by the Volosoft Team, it is getting contributions from the community. It will always remain open source and free.
ABP Commercial is not a replacement for the ABP Framework. It directly uses the ABP Framework and adds some benefits on top of it, those are described in this document.
ABP Commercial has some additional modules compared to the open source ABP Framework project. Also, some modules have commercial versions with more features. The table below shows the list of module differences in overall:
|Module||Open Source ABP Framework Project||ABP Commercial|
|Multi-Tenancy||Basic (tenant management)||Pro (SaaS)|
|Identity Server Integration|
|Identity Server Management UI|
|Audit Log Reporting UI|
|Dynamic Language Management|
Some modules have "Basic" (open source) and "Pro" (commercial) versions. The next sections show the differences between the basic and the pro versions.
Identity Module: Basic vs Pro
Identity module's domain layer is the same. But the application, HTTP API and UI layers have differences shown below:
|Claim Type Management|
|Unlocking a User|
|Setting Management (like Password Complexity Settings)|
Account Module: Basic vs Pro
|Multi-Tenancy (tenant switch)|
|Forgot Password / Password Reset|
|Two Factor Authentication|
Open source multi-tenancy module named as "Tenant Management" while the commercial one named as "SaaS". The "SaaS" module is aimed to be a complete SaaS solution while the free one is for basic tenant management.
|Feature||Basic (Tenant Management)||Pro (SaaS)|
Subscription, payment and other features are on the road map for the SaaS module.
ABP CLI vs ABP Suite
ABP CLI is an open source & free command line interface that is used to create a new solution, add a module/package to the solution, update ABP related packages and so on. Example usage:
abp new Acme.BookStore -d mongodb -u angular
ABP Suite is a commercial tool that aims to assist to your development;
- It has the UI for the ABP CLI, so you don't have to memorize the commands.
- It has a code generator that creates a CRUD page from database to the user interface, including HTTP APIs, entities, services, DTOs, database migration and so on. It is a big time saver for creating new entities.
- It is planned to add more features in the future to help your development process.
A screenshot from the CRUD Page Generator:
Basic Theme vs Pro Theme
ABP Framework provides a theme system that has the following goals:
- To allow us to develop different kind of themes and let the application to use and upgrade a theme easily.
- To determine a standard set of libraries (like Bootstrap) to be supported by all the themes.
- To provide a standard and theme-independent development model for module developers, so a module can play nice with any theme.
There are currently two standard themes;
The Basic Theme is open source and free. It provides fundamental layout and features and looks like a standard Bootstrap UI.
Example screenshot from the user management page:
The Lepton Theme is a commercial theme development by the ABP Framework Core Team. It is 100% Bootstrap compatible, lightweight and powerful with multiple color styles and layout options.
A screenshot from the user management page of Lepton Theme:
ABP Commercial provides two premium support options;
- All license types has the premium forum support. Your questions are answered by the ABP Framework development and experienced support team with a high priority.
- Enterprise license includes email & private ticket support too.